Friday, October 17, 2008

Round and Round

The debates are over. The dust has settled and who has come out ahead? Well, I guess that depends on who you are supporting. McCain made decent points, but to me acts like a knowledgeable grand father who is asked how would he change America if he could. I'm sure those on the side of the "right" would say Obama is worried about the little guy who doesn't add to the economy the way a business owner does. Well the little guy actually does. The middle class (both upper and lower) spend more on average on a consistent basis than the wealthy. Business owners do what they can to keep costs down and profits high. But they are there for profit only. Any business (unless nonprofit) works toward and only profit. Families work for their family and for the best life possible for their loved ones. Business owners are greedy and want luxurious lifestyles. I'M JUST KIDDING. The argument is a good one, and with our economy doing badly again...blah, blah, blah. The little guy / gal vs. the BIG Business!!!
Americans (legal or not) are going to go to work. Buy their expensive coffees and read their emails. They'll indulge for the holidays, and they'll still go on vacation. We'll bounce back, I'm sure of it, but at what cost? I've heard by right side-ers that you can't blame Bush for the economy, but you can blame Clinton. Left-ers and liberals and progressives tell me, it's entirely Bush's fault, he lost control and has nothing to offer. What can you do? Without knowing the truth (which is fed to us by the media mostly) there is one thing to do: vote.
I never thought I would ever care about politics. Perhaps it's me getting older, or being married, or the fact that (like every other American) such a tremendous chunk of my income goes to taxes that now that I want to know what they're doing with that money.
We as citizens will probably never know the exact truths, but maybe we don't want to know everything.
Think about this $5 a car to pass over the Whitestone Bridge. How many cars pass over her? Ten thousand a week? Maybe more? DEFINITELY more! Where does this cash go?
It's like beiing caught in a clothes dryer...we just go round and round!
Have a great weekend.

No comments: