Friday, October 10, 2008

Whether or Not

It's a nice day. The sun is shining, and our species is milling about. If you have not heard, over seas this morning there has been a crash of sorts in the economic foundation of Europe. This is just the beginning. A global collapse of historic proportions is on the horizon. Some predict so bad so, that countries around the world will want to have a say in who is elected President.
It will be the next thing my generation tells their grand children about. Yes, there was 9/ 11, and then came the collapse of the world's economy. Thank you Bush administration, thank you.
It's been eight long depressing years and it's time something else happens (I didn't say change). Things will get worse before they get better, but they will become really bad.
When the bail out was announced I went to the bank to deposit my bi-weekly check. The bank was filled with people and a creepy, ominous understanding that this was bad. Many people had wads of green stuff clumped in their fists, and bulging envelopes they were stuffing into their pockets and purses. I felt like I was witnessing something in a movie. A badly directed and horribly produced movie.
I am not an economics professor, I'm just a blue collar guy, that is lucky enough to draw cartoons for a living.
Whatever happens, I'm sure we'll survive, whether or not the right choice is made on November 4th.
Have a great weekend.

No comments: