Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rested Well

After a good night's sleep there is a great sense of renewal. Getting enough rest is essential. Many Americans do not rest well and therefore have to compensate for the body's lack of energy and alertness. That is something I've come to appreciate at this point in my life. If everyone can get at least six to seven hours (eight for the fortunate) of rest a day there would be less illness. Provided that we also eat well, exercise and have a good laughter filled lifestyle.
I'm no authority on the subject, I only know what I know from experience and of course watching 20/ 20, Datline, and 60 minutes. :)
There are morning people and there are not. The "nots" should be stayed away from, at all costs. I love my not, dearly, yet I learn the hard way time after time. Do not wake the sleeping bear; or spouse. You tube waking grizzly and you'll see what I mean.
As I was saying, if you cannot get your six, seven or eight hours at a clip, take naps. When the body rests fully it regenerates itself. You actually become better; stronger, smarter, funnier and friendlier. We are more accepting of each other and more loving to our families and friends.
So do you best tonight (or this afternoon), and relax your mind and sleep, if you can. Ambien is good for those hung up on thoughts, and a glass of wine is nice too (not with the Ambien of course).
Have a great day. Do what makes you happy. Follow your Bliss...

...and good night.

-G.

No comments: