Friday, September 19, 2008

Things Are Good...

Things are going well. It's a Friday, and there is no better day is there in the week. Saturday morning comes close, but nothing beats the promise of a Friday morning, with the weekend just waiting for you. The possibilities are endless.
Again, blogs are silly and who cares what anyone has to say. I really don't even care what our Presidential candidates have to say, but I have to right. The state of the union hangs in the balance. (Cue the dramatic music).
Hey have you checked out the new Metallica album Death Magnetic? It is severe and raw and fantastic. From the first track "That Was Just Your Life", you are engrossed in the heavy, fast guttural and melodic metal grooves of the best the East Coast has to offer! This is just my opinion yes, but if you're even curious about this album and you like the genre a tiny little bit, this album will sway you. Just get it. Wal-Mart has it for under ten dollars with tax. Take the chance, and just dig it.
Also, try to listen to the cd itself instead of importing it into Itunes immediately, here's why: The cd is recorded at the best levels possible so you, the audience/ fan can hear the music in its entirety. Itunes must change the format of the digital mapping of the music in order to change it to an mp3.
Since I've had my Ipod, I always thought the tunes I played sounded less dramatic. They didn't have the depth that my ears remembered when I used to use my portable cd player. When I found out about the truth of mp3s I felt validated.
So many of you may be saying "yeah, who didn't know that?". I didn't know that, and maybe there are other people who didn't either.
So, maybe the Cd world is may survive. Make sure people know this. I miss the days of putting in a whole cd, and listening to it from beginning to the end. I did do that with Death Magnetic. I listened to the Cd in my Sony mega bass porable cd player. It was the fury and fire I had missed. Deep bass chords and ripping guitar riffs taking me to another place.
I only wrote about this because music (like movies) touches so many people's lives. And I wanted to just say, "hey did you know...".
So maybe take a bit of time. Get glass of wine, or coffee and sit back with a Cd and enjoy. There's nothing like a Friday, with a good Cd to listen to.
Let your imagination fly. It's so good for you.
Take Care,
G.