Monday, September 22, 2008

Thinking Success

After watching the Emmies last night I've come to the conclusion that it's not so easy to be an actor. I watched and analyzed what they were wearing and how they read from the teleprompter. One foul up and that's it. You're not doing your job. If you slouch, gain weight, or enjoy not wearing makeup you just may not fit into that standard. Such high standards we have as a species. Maybe we're just insecure is all?
I did notice the standard for being a woman in Hollywood. Make sure you can see every muscle in your neck when on camera. I remember anatomy lessons from college, and our models had no protruding muscles. They were just people.
I understand that being in front of a camera means scrutiny, however, I think we should take it easy and let those poor actresses eat a "sammich"! Although, I do like the way Julia Louis Dreyfus looks now, as opposed to her more rounded look from her Seinfeld days.
I am glad that 30 Rock did so well, and congrats to Tina Fey...because maybe we'll get more comedies on T.V. I don't watch commercials as my wife loves the power of DVR (Digital Video Recorder), we fast forward. So in a way (waaaay skewed), watching television is not as annoying. Commercials inundate us with so much product that I get distracted. I do fancy the movie trailers though, I sometimes go back for them.
I should be discussing the upcoming debates that are a about a week away. I think Biggest Loser will have to compete (Get it!?).
I do have ideas of who would be better to run this country, but I'm no authority. What I am finding out is is that at least every other person is. Everyone thinks they know what's wrong with our country, and what can be done to change things. Again, not everyone, but many. Why is it we can't discuss politics or religion in a social setting? Because we are out of control. We want more freedom, yay! Freedom to do what? I think the problems in this "great" country have been passed down from generation to generation. There will be someone one day. Not in my lifetime I fear. We are a dangerous animal and our species needs a lot of evolving to do.
This is just my opinion, and many would surely rebut my quirky position, but it has some validity to me.
I love my country. I love the world we live in. I want to believe in the best in all people. However, since I was a young boy, I've witnessed some bad stuff that my "fellow man" does to each other. It's pretty sad.
Yay for Tina Fey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gino,
I'm loving reading these things. You're a very talented writer and I hope to see you soon.
Tell my favorite cousin I say hey also!
Love,
Tim

Yetiman said...

I will Tim, I will. Thanks for the nice words.